Thursday, September 28, 2006

curses.

tonight i...
dropped the same knife twice
dropped a different knife
dropped the dustpan full of trash
broke a sandwich
apparently "forgot" (they didnt say it) to toast two sandwiches
accidentally threw a guy's ham and cheese onto the actual oven
accidentally dropped the same ham and cheese into the tomatoes
burned my finger on the oven
slammed the glass cover on the same finger
worked a five hour shift non-stop with no break
worked three of those five hours with only one other person
closed the store
attempted to quit*
and...
watched my friends drive up and chat with each other on their way to the bonfire/pep rally, the jr/sr war, or the jr/sr peace party, all of which i could not attend. i watched them drive around and have fun, heard them make plans for later, got missed calls from my closest friends and talked to them on their way to go roll the school. all of which while i was trapped behind a counter making sandwiches for rude people.




*attempted to quit means i told my boss i wanted to give her my two weeks notice and she said no, that i was too good a worker and that i could just work on saturdays and sundays. then since i was on the clock, i had to work and we got busy, and she left before i could tell her i dont want to work weekends, i dont want to work at all. the whole point of the only working on tuesdays and thursday nights were so that i could be free on the weekends to catch up on my homework, my rest, go out with the church, and/or go to calera. therefore, tomorrow, after i go to school and be in a parade (hopefully), go to a pep rally, and decorate for a dance, i will stop by subway and tell her that i quit. i hate that stupid job. i hate making sandwiches for people. i hate people talking down to me because im on the other side of the counter. i hate watching everybody else have fun while im stuck at work. i hate not having any fun. im practically eighteen years old, in my senior year of high school, and im not having fun. im going to forever remember my last homecoming as being crappy because i didnt get to work on the float or go to my last bonfire pep rally or get shoes for my dress all because i had to work. it sucks real bad. so i quit. you hear me? quit.

No comments: